Chicken Pad Thai
Who loves Thai food? We sure do! Below you can find one of the best Home Cooked Chicken Pad Thai recipes out there. Stop spending a fortune on going out (not to mention the amount of sugars and bad oils you're putting in your body), make your favorite Thai food at home! In this recipe we cut back on sugars by substututing with stevia.
Calories: 800 per 2 cup serving
- Main Meal
- 1 (8 ounce) Package of rice noodles
- 4 tablespoons Peanut oil, stir fry oil, or canola oil
- 3 chopped Garlic cloves
- 4 chopped Green Onions
- 1 pound Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Lime (juice)
- 3 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Sweetly Stevia
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- 1/3 cup Roasted crushed peanuts
- 1/4 cup Chopped cilantro
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
1. Soak rice noodles in a large bowl of boiling water for about 10 minutes, or until soft. Drain, and then set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or large heavy skillet over medium high heat.
4. Add garlic and green onion. Sauté for a minute or two, making sure to not burn the garlic.
5. Add the chicken and soy sauce and stir fry until browned.
6. Remove the chicken, and set aside.
7. Heat the remaining oil in the wok over medium high heat and add the eggs and scramble until firm.
8. Add the chicken, the softened noodles, and the sauce.
9. Sauté everything for 2-3 minutes, add bean sprouts, and cook for another minute or two. TIP: If it seems dry add 1/4 cup of water.
10. Garnish with cilantro, toasted peanuts, and a lime wedge
Some cooking tips and options:
- Shrimp, pork, or beef can be substituted for the chicken
- A lime cut into wedges and a carrot cut into thin strips make a lovely garnish