Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Main Meal
- 3-4 boneless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 white or yellow onion
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Sweetly Stevia®
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt (or garlic salt)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (for sauce)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
First, prepare the sauce. Add Sweetly Stevia, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion salt, and ketchup to a medium sauce pan. Stir and bring to a boil without burning. In a small bowl, whisk together the 1 tablespoon corn starch and cold water until dissolved. Add to sauce pan and stir until the the mixture thickens, then reduce to low heat.
Next, add the chicken pieces and cornstarch to a large ziptop bag. Seal and shake to coat chicken. Drizzle a large pan or skillet with oil and add the chicken. Saute over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Add peppers and onions, continuing to saute over medium heat until the chicken is browned and the veggies are tender.
Serve over fresh white or brown rice, top with green onion if desired, and enjoy!
Posted onMust tryGreat tasting chicken. Not dried out and had the perfect balance of sweet and sour