Sweet Potato Rostis with Fried Egg and Avocado Salsa
For those of you who like to switch it up a bit with your weeknight meals, this is a great place to start! This healthy Sunday morning breakfast can easily double as a 25-minute weeknight meal. What better way to switch it up than a good ole fashioned breakfast for dinner?! The sweet mixture of sweet potatoes and corn mixed with creamy avocado and tangy red onion salsa is incredibly delicious. Not to mention topping it off with an egg cooked to your liking!
- Main Meal
Fat - 39 grams
Carbs - 79 grams
Sugars - 14 grams
Fiber - 12 grams
Protein - 23 grams
Use Our Stevia Conversion Calculator to easily convert Sugar to Stevia!
- 1 Sweetcorn cob
- 3 Sweet potatoes
- 1 Red onion (small)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 6 tablespoons Plain flour
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon, or 4 packets, or to taste Sweetly Stevia
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- Handful of Coriander leaves
1. Cut the kernels off of the sweet corn cob and put them into a large bowl.
2. Peel and coarsely grate the sweet potatoes and put into the bowl with the corn kernels.
3. Finely slice the red onion and put about 3/4 of it in with the sweet potatoes and corn mixture.
4. Beat one of the eggs with the smoked paprika and salt & pepper. Sprinkle the flour over the corn and sweet potato mixture then add the egg mixture.
5. Mix by hand until fully integrated.
6. Preheat a large frying pan with oil. Divide the potato rosti mixture into 4 patties. Then place in the frying pan and flatten each patty a little bit.
7. Fry on medium-high heat until crisping, then flip once (be careful not to break the patty).
8. While the rostis are cooking, prepare the salsa.
9. Peel and dice the avocado. Then finely dice the rest of the red onion pieces.
10. Toss avocado, red onion, stevia, lime juice, and coriander leaves until mixed. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
11. Transfer rostis to a plate, cover and keep warm while you cook your egg(s).
12. Add remaining oil to the frying pan and cook your egg(s) to your liking.
13. Top the sweet potato rostis with the egg and serve while hot. Sprinkle some smoked paprika on top for aesthetic and flavor!
Tried this recipe? We'd love to see it!
Mention @sweetlysteviausa on Instagram or use the hashtag #sweetlycookin!