Sweet And Spicy Tacos
If you're anything like the Sweetly team, you love tacos. Carnitas, carne asada, and al pastor are tried-and-true taco varieties that you've perfected, and you're always on the hunt for the next best south-of-the-border taste. This Taco Tuesday, give our Sweet & Spicy Ground Beef Tacos a try. You can whip this recipe up in less than 30 minutes and its sweet, savory, southern taste will wow your family and friends!
- Main Meal
Use Our Stevia Conversion Calculator to easily convert Sugar to Stevia!
- 2 pounds Ground beef
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 1 14 ounce can Diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoonss Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1/8 tablespoon or 1 1/2 packets Sweetly Stevia or to taste
- 2 dashes Unsulfured molasses
- In a food processor or blender, combine Sweetly Stevia and molasses
- Mix on medium speed until combined, set aside
- Grab a large skillet
- Cook the beef over medium heat until brown
- Drain the oil and transfer the beef to a container
- In the same skillet, add minced garlic and diced onion and cook over medium heat until onions begin to brown (you can add a drop of olive oil, if needed)
- Add the tomatoes to the onions and garlic mixture and simmer until slightly thickened (about 8-10 minutes)
- Add the ground beef and seasonings to the skillet, including the Sweetly mix from earlier
- Simmer for about 8-10 minutes
- Serve in soft or hard taco shell
- Optional: Add your favorite toppings, such as cheese, lettuce, avocados, guacamole, etc.
Tried this recipe? We'd love to see it!