Homemade Gluten Free Strawberry Pistachio Cake | How to Make Strawberry Pistachio Cake
With this gluten-free, dairy-free, and low-sugar recipe, you can SERIOUSLY have your cake and eat it too! This elegant and delicious strawberry and pistachio cake is just the right amount of sweet. You can make it 3 days before serving and still count on it to be moist and tasty. It's a great treat for a St. Patrick's Day gathering or family reunion. Everybody can enjoy a piece, guilt- and worry-free!
- Gluten-free Diet
- Dairy-free Diet
- St. Patrick's Day
Use Our Stevia Conversion Calculator to easily convert Sugar to Stevia!
- For the Cake:
- 1 3/4 cup Shelled raw pistachios
- 5 teaspoons, 24 packets, or to taste Sweetly Stevia
- 3 Large eggs
- 3/4 cup & 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup Fine cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 7 ounces Fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- For the Sugar-Free Chocolate Frosting: HIGHLY recommended, but optional
- 2 ounces Unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon, 4 packets, or to taste Sweetly Stevia
- 1 teaspoon Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
For the Strawberry and Pistachio Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
3. Put about 1 1/2 cups of the pistachios in a food processor and process until finely ground.
4. Using a hand mixer, beat the sugar and eggs together on medium-high until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
5. With the mixer running, add the olive oil, mixing until thoroughly combined.
6. Fold in the ground pistachios, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
7. Lastly, fold in the strawberries.
8. Scrape the batter into the pan and smooth the top with a spoon or spatula.
9. Chop the remaining 1/4 cup of pistachios and sprinkle over the top.
10. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes on the middle rack until the cake is golden and has risen.
11. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and let cool.
12. Turn it out of the pan, then flip it back over so the top side is facing up again, and spread the chocolate frosting onto the cake. Additionally, you can powder with confectioners stevia, found here, for an equally delicious but less chocolately version of this recipe!
For the Chocolate Frosting:
1. Melt the chocolate in a small pot over low heat. Pour into a bowl and set aside to let cool.
2. After allowing chocolate to cool slightly, whisk in the cream.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed while adding the butter, stevia, cocoa powder, and extracts one ingredient at a time. Beat until smooth.
4. Without refrigerating, spread the frosting on the cooled cake.