Homemade Matcha Green Tea Moche Squares | Sweetly Stevia USA
These delicious and addicting matcha flavored mochi bars are chewy, gooey, and oh so sweet! This mochi bar recipe is perfect for a St. Patrick's Day party, as they are naturally green, aesthetically pleasing, AND healthy! You can choose to dust your freshly baked mochi bars with powdered stevia or drizzle with milk, dark, or white chocolate! No matter how you choose to decorate your mochi bars, they are sure to be a crowd-pleaser! Not to mention each serving contains LESS THAN 1 GRAM of sugar!!
- St. Patrick's Day
Use Our Stevia Conversion Calculator to easily convert Sugar to Stevia!
- 1 15 ounce can Coconut milk
- 1 cup Water
- 3 tablespoons, 48 packets, or to taste Sweetly Stevia
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 16 ounce box Mochiko sweet rice flour
- 2 tablespoons, or to taste Matcha powder
- powdered stevia
- milk, dark, or white chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a large bowl, combine the coconut milk, water, vanilla extract, and stevia. Mix with a hand-mixer until stevia is well incorporated.
3. Add baking powder to the mixture and slowly add mochiko, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4. After all the mochiko has been mixed in, add 2 tablespoons matcha powder and stir until it's incorporated well.
5. Generously coat a 9x13 inch oven-safe glass baking dish with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
6. Bake mochi in preheated oven for 1 hour until the ends become browned and chewy.
7. Allow the mochi to cool to room temperature. Using a plastic knife or a ceramic knife, cut the mochi into desired size squares.
8. Dust your mochi squares with powdered stevia our drizzle with the desired chocolate type!
Tried this recipe? We'd love to see it!
Mention @sweetlysteviausa on Instagram or use the hashtag #sweetlycookin!