Sugar-Free Strawberry Granita
Best enjoyed in the hot months of summer, this frozen strawberry dessert looks and tastes amazing! Not only is it cold and delicious, but while making it you have to open the freezer 5 times to stir, a chilling relief on a hot summer day. A super easy and fun treat that looks and tastes like a 5-star restaurant. Get the directions for this no added sugar granita below!
Use Our Stevia Conversion Calculator to easily convert Sugar to Stevia!
- 2 pounds Fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons, 8 packets, or to taste Sweetly Stevia
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 pinch Salt
- Rinse the strawberries and allow to drain. Cut off leaves and stem and add berries to a blender.
- Add water, stevia, lemon juice, and salt to the blender.
- Pulse to mix, then blend until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large freezer-friendly baking dish.
- Place the dish into the freezer. In about 50 minutes it should start to slightly freeze around the outside. Stir lightly with a fork and close the freezer.
- Repeat step 5 four more times every 40-45 minutes. Near the end of the 2-hour mark, the crystals should start to look separates and the whole mixture will look dry (don't worry, this is good!).
- Scoop out into serving bowls and enjoy!
Note: You can also make granita with other fruits such as raspberries, watermelon, peaches, and more!
Transfer the mixture in a lined cupcake pan for a fun peal and eat treat! Simply transfer into a lined cupcake pan after the last stir and let freeze for an additional 20 minutes.
Tried this recipe? We'd love to see it!