This recipe will turn you into a biscotti lover and it won't be because it's packed with hidden sugars! In fact, Sweetly's Almond Biscotti is ultra-low in sugar, while high in buttery, crunchy, crumbly taste! Sweetened with stevia and flavored with toasted almonds, our fantastic biscotti is low on the glycemic index and pairs perfectly with coffee!
Use Our Stevia Conversion Calculator to easily convert Sugar to Stevia!
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 1 cup Whole almonds, raw
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Sweetly Stevia or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Unsulfured molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- On a baking sheet spread almonds out and toast in the oven for about 12-15 minutes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together, Sweetly Stevia, unsulfured molasses, salt, flour, and baking powder
- Grab a large bowl and mix eggs, olive oil, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and almond extract
- Remove toasted almonds from the oven, chop, and let cool
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir
- Once the toasted almonds are cooled off, add them to the batter
- Scoop out the dough onto the parchment paper and shape into two separate log shapes
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice the cookie into desired slices
- Place slices back on the baking sheet and return them to the oven for about 15-20 minutes, flipping them half way.
- Remove from oven and let cool
Tried this recipe? We'd love to see it!