Easy Carrot Cake
10 - 12 people
This less-dense and oh-so-sweet carrot cake is a staple Easter Sunday dessert! We've experimented with substituting mandarin oranges for pineapple and the results were surprisingly moist! Perfect for family members who might be allergic to pineapple. Did we forget to mention that this carrot cake also has less than 5 grams of sugar?! We hope you enjoy our version of carrot cake!
Use Our Stevia Conversion Calculator to easily convert Sugar to Stevia!
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup or 48 packets Sweetly Stevia
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 2 cups Shredded carrots
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mandarin oranges
- 1 1/4 cups Vegetable oil
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheight
- Grease a 9x13x2 inch baking dish or pan
- Whisk flour, stevia, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg together until fully mixed.
- Beat in carrots, mandarin oranges, oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and orange zest into the flour mixture until the batter is smooth
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish
- Bake for 40-50 minutes
- Let chill in refrigerator overnight if time allows
- Decorate before serving and enjoy!
You can add 1 cup of walnuts if desired.
Tried this recipe? We'd love to see it!
Mention @sweetlysteviausa on Instagram or use the hashtag #sweetlycookin!
CHECK OUT OUR LATEST RECIPES
5 people00h 0500h 20
8 people00h 1500h 20
1 person00h 0500h 20
1 person00h 0500h 05
6 people00h 1000h 20
Posted onDelicious but recipe changes requiredI could not add all the flour because there was not enough liquid. In order to actually make a batter I had to add an extra egg and about 1/2 to 3/4 cups of water. The cake was a little denser than I had hoped but was very tasty. I think I would try to separate the eggs and beat the whites and fold them in to make it more light. I also cut the Mandarin orange slices in half and folded them in.. the recipe was unclear about draining the Mandarin oranges and maybe that was the liquid that was required that I did not use.
Show per page
Write Your Own Review
Products you will need