Baked Chicken Nuggets
Crispy, tangy, healthy… For anyone who finds it impossible to resist the finger-lickin' yumminess of skinless, boneless, and breaded baked chicken nuggets, you might be doing a bit of a double-take right now after reading the word "healthy". That's because traditional recipes call for added sugar in the dipping sauce, which can really pack on the calories and turn a protein-rich meal into a carbohydrate-dense disaster. Well, not anymore! Sweetly Stevia's Baked Chicken Nuggets call for stevia instead of sugar, making this an ideal recipe for diabetics and health-conscious foodies!
- Main Meal
Use Our Stevia Conversion Calculator to easily convert Sugar to Stevia!
- 1 pound Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups Breadcrumbs, not panko
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon Sweetly Stevia or to taste
- Olive Oil ,for some drizzling
- In a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk, paprika, Sweetly Stevia, salt, and pepper, set aside for later use
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces
- Place chicken into a 1 gallon zipper storage bag
- Add the buttermilk mixture and seal the bag
- Shake the bag until the chicken is coated
- Place the bag flat in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, or up to overnight
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
- On a large plate spread out the breadcrumbs and the italian seasoning, and mix
- Drain the chicken pieces in a colander and place in the breadcrumb mix until fully coated
- Arrange the breaded pieces of chicken onto a prepared baking sheet, making sure that none of the pieces are touching
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown, about 10-13 minutes
- NOTE: Pairs greatly with our homemade tangy & smoky BBQ sauce, homemade ketchup, and our low carb keto bbq sauce, choose one or choose all, trust us, you won't regret it
Tried this recipe? We'd love to see it!
Mention @sweetlysteviausa on Instagram or use the hashtag #sweetlycookin!
5 people00h 0500h 20
8 people00h 1500h 20
1 person00h 0500h 20
1 person00h 0500h 05
6 people00h 1000h 20
Posted onSurprisingly DeliciousMy 4 year old loved these little morsels of deliciousness. No need for ketchup!